FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
AD HOC ART / WELLING COURT MURAL PROJECT
11-98 Welling Court, at 30th Avenue & 12th Street
Astoria, New York, 11102
| WELLING COURT MURAL PROJECT | wellingcourtmuralproject.com
Public Opening Saturday June 10, 2017, 12pm-8pm
Then viewable 24/7/365
Garrison Buxton, Director – 917.602.2153
AD HOC ART CONTINUES THE ACCLAIMED WELLING COURT MURAL PROJECT WITH 100+ ARTISTS SPANNING 50+ YEARS PAINTING 150+ SPOTS — An Art Event Celebrating the Streets, Solidarity, Community, and Culture.
After members of the Welling Court community met at Ad Hoc Art’s Bushwick gallery, they invited Ad Hoc Art to envision how to beautify their neighborhood. Thus, having the community support and a timely visit by Poland’s wall-crushing M-City, the first mural was painted in the freezing temperatures of December 2009. Ad Hoc Art used the rest of the winter to plan the launch of the first multi-block mural project that occurred in May 2010 and comprised over 40 murals. Continually melding a spectacular crew of legendary artists together with a diverse mix of fresh talent, the annual project now hosts over 150 murals by artists from around the corner and around the world, providing new arrays of visual experiences that change how people interact with their environment.
With the participating artists spanning over 50 years of public work, the Welling Court Mural Project is one of the best collections of contemporary street culture on earth, all within this hidden gem of NYC! Free and open to the public 24/7/365.
Artists Include: Abe Lincoln, Jr., Adam Dare, AM, Al Diaz, Alison Buxton, Andy Golub, Artmakers, ASVP, Beau Stanton, Billy Mode, Caleb Neelon, Cekis, Cern, Cey Adams, Christopher Cardinale, Chris Soria, Chris Stain, Col Wallnuts, Cram Concepts, CRASH, Crisp, D Gale, Dan Witz, Danielle Mastrion, Daryll Peirce, Dasic Fernandez, DAZE, Depoe, Don Leicht, EpicUno, EZO, Fumero, Gera, Greg Lamarche, Hellbent, Icy & Sot, JC, J Corp, Jamie Hef, Jerms, Jeromy Velasco, Joe Iurato, Joel Artista, John Breiner, John Fekner, Joseph Meloy, Josl, Kid Lew, Kimyon Huggins, KR.ONE, Kris Kanaly, KWUE Molly, Lady Pink, Lexi Bella, Lmnopi, LogikOne, MagdaLove, MAST, Mastro, MR. PRVRT, Never, Onel, PANIC, Peat Wollaeger, Philippe Mastrocola, Praxis, Python, Queen Andrea, Ramiro, Reme_821, Rene Gagnon, Rob Sharp, Royal Kingbee, Rubin415, Chris & Veng RWK, Ryan Seslow, SeeOne, Sest2, Shiro, Sien Ide, Sinned, Smith, Sonni, SpazeCraft, Stavro, Steven Cogle, Tragek, Tones, TOPAZ, TooFly, Vagabondom, Zheik, Zimad & many more!
This is a big art picnic-potluck so bring some of your favorite tasty foods, beverages, or other contributions to share.
* HELP AND ASSISTANCE * If you would like to support this project, there are many ways to contribute.
- Fiscal support $$$: very awesome (and tax deductible, if so desired).
- Materials and tools: spray paint, bucket paint, primer, paint rollers, brushes, pans, ladders, scaffolding, etc. are always useful and appreciated.
- VOLUNTEER! We appreciate and need your assistance to make this as amazing as possible. Some areas of interest: on-site support for artists and general pubic; social media/Press/PR outreach, video documentation.
Directions – TO GET THERE:
1) By Public Transit: Take the N or W train to 30th Ave. Then go west down 30th Ave to 12th St. by a) walking 10-15 minutes or; b) taking the Q18 Bus.
2) By Car: Here is a link to the street map: https://goo.gl/thVS9W
Thank you for your interest and support, we look forward to seeing you soon! Your attendance is invited and highly encouraged
Help spread the word:
>> With many arms, our reach is wide. <<